A comprehensive list of different types of flashings

Roof flashing

– Placed around discontinuities or objects which protrude from the roof of a building to deflect water away from seams or joints and in valleys where the runoff is concentrated.

Wall flashing

– May be embedded in a wall to direct water that has penetrated the wall back outside, or it may be applied in a manner intended to prevent the entry of water into the wall. Wall flashing is typically found at interruptions in the wall, such as windows and points of structural support.

Sill flashing (or sill pan)

– A concealed flashing placed under windows or door thresholds to prevent water from entering a wall at those points.

Roof penetration flashing

– Used to waterproof pipes, supports, cables, and all roof protrusions. Stainless steel penetration flashings have proven to be one of the longest lasting and most reliable roof flashing types.

Cap flashing (drip cap)

– Often used above windows and doors.

Drip edge (kickout flashing)

– At the very bottom of a roof/wall intersection, the lowermost step flashing specially formed to deflect water away from the wall.

Pipe flashing (pipe boot, vent boot, pipe flange)

– A product used where pipes penetrate roofs.

Through wall flashing

– Spans the thickness of the wall and directs water to a hopper.

There are many diferent materials used for flashings such as  –  Galvanized Steel, TPO, Plastisol Coated, Polyurethane Coated and PVC Membrane Coated.

Length of all flashings is 2.4m, 244cm long – (8ft)

Standard Flashing Plastisol 0.7mm Thick

Galvanised chose from 0.7mm Thick or 1.2mm Thick

Contact Us and we can offer bespoke planning/drawings and advice to suit your project. We will assist you in using the correct materials for the correct purpose and ensuring your building is watertight.

Lee and Cooke Roofing Ltd serves clients in Oakham and are happy to visit you for
commercial roofing projects anywhere in the UK.

Call us now on 01664 410 490